Non-surgical technique for removal of glasses
What is Ortho-k or EyeDream ?
- Correct your vision while you sleep!
Ortho-k lenses correct your vision while you sleep. Simply pop your ortho-k lenses in before bedtime, remove them in the morning, and wake up to a world of clear, sharp, natural vision. Ortho-k is sometimes called EyeDream.
Sleepy Times Lenses wakey times no Lenses (ORTHO K LENSES)
- Orthokeratology (also referred to as Corneal Refractive Therapy) is a sophisticated non-surgical process using specially designed rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses to gently reshape the cornea (the front layer of the eye) while you sleep. When you wake up, you remove the lenses and are able to go throughout the day without the use of glasses or contact lenses.
- The Orthokeratology lens redistributes the superficial cells of the corneal epithelium to flatten the central corneal shape, allowing light that once focused in front of retina to now focus on the retina. The lenses are worn at night during sleep, and are removed upon awakening.
- If you stop wearing the lenses regularly while you sleep, your vision will return to its original state in as little as 72 hours
- It is the reduction of refractive error by the programmed application of contact lenses.
- A method of improving unaided vision by molding the cornea with contact lenses.
- Modern Orthokeratology involves the combination of reverse geometry designs, high permeability GP materials, and corneal topography to understand the relationship of the shaping lenses to the cornea
Ortho-k for Children
Myopia Control - Reduce the progression of Short-sightedness
Ortho-k is fantastic for children. Numerous studies on myopia (short-sightedness) and ortho-k have indicated that these lenses can dramatically slow, even stop, the progression of short-sightedness in children. Subsequently they can reduce the risk of developing associated problems, such as glaucoma, in adulthood.
The improvements vary for each individual child, and the treatment has never been known to exacerbate short-sightedness, making it the best, safest option available now.
Ortho-k is ideal for:
- People who want clear natural vision all day - every day
- Sporty or active people
- Young people - Ortho-k can help to reduce the progression of shortsightedness
- People who have considered laser surgery but are worried about the risks
- People who find contact lenses uncomfortable or specs inconvenient
Ortho-k Patient Testimonials
Shaun Regan | International Wheelchair Tennis Player
After an accident that left me in a wheelchair, I started playing wheelchair tennis. 6 years ago I started taking it more seriously, representing my country. I wore spectacles to correct my short sight for many years but I started ortho-k ago so that I could be free from spectacles when playing. It also meant that I could wear non-prescription sports sunglasses, easily.
I have never regretted the decision to try ortho-k! The fitting process was straightforward and now all I have to do is attend routine 6 monthly aftercare checks. I would recommend it to anyone.
Carly Wilson | Taekwondo Champion
On an international level I compete for England, but this tough demanding contact sport does not allow glasses. For me, soft contact lenses dry out or become dislodged and I am too young for laser surgery.
My optician suggested ortho-k and it really has been the answer to my prayers. I have perfect vision all day and now I won't have to consider laser surgery. My optician also mentioned the potential of slowing my myopia.